- This event has passed.
It’s a Wild Game – National Celebration of Ireland’s Winter Bounty
It’s a Wild Game is a series of producer activities and dining events around the island of Ireland, where chefs celebrate Ireland’s winter bounty. The events are hosted by Euro-Toques Ireland, a member-based community of chefs, cooks and producers who pride themselves on being the custodians of Irish food heritage. Part of the Taste the Island celebrations, the events focus on provenance, seasonality and the journey of the produce from farm, woodlands, shores to plate.
Throughout the month of November, Euro-Toques Ireland is hosting three special It’s a Wild Game culinary experiences in three different member locations.
Sunday 17 November – Belleek Castle in Mayo. View event details here.
Sunday 24 November – L.Mulligan Grocer in Dublin. View event details here.
Saturday 30 November – Castle Grove Country House in Donegal. View event details here.
The key element of these special winter events will be wild game, fruits and produce from the woodlands and the seashore. These once-off events are open to Euro-Toques members as well as the general public and will offer an immersive dining experience with activities that range from meeting producers, farmers, growers and makers, to woodland walks, foraging and hunting.
Alongside the three events, Euro-Toques Ireland is hosting a NATIONAL It’s a Wild Game celebration on Thursday 21 November 2019 where many of their chef members working in cafés, pubs, bistros and restaurants will offer either a special or a full menu experience showcasing Ireland’s wild game and the winter bounty.
All Euro-Toques members and the wider public are encouraged to join in the online conversation using the hashtags #itsawildgame and #tastetheisland.
Full listing of restaurants participating include;
- 1826 Adare, Adare, Co. Limerick
- Overends Kitchen at Airfield Estate, Co. Dublin
- Ali’s Kitchen, Cork
- George V Restaurant at Ashford Castle, Cong, Co. Mayo
- Ballynahinch Castle, Connemara, Co. Galway
- Basilico, Oranmore, Co. Galway
- Brooks Hotel, Dublin
- Chapter One, Dublin
- Croi Restaurant, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Greenes Restaurant, Cork
- Hugo’s, Dublin
- King Sitric, Howth, Co. Dublin
- Lignum, Kanargad, Co. Galway
- Mr. S, Dublin
- The Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co. Waterford
- The Cottage, Jamestown, Co. Leitrim
- The Lemon Tree, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- The Brasserie at The Marker Hotel, Dublin
- The Fatted Calf, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
- Seasons Restaurant at the Intercontinental Hotel, Dublin
More to be listed soon.